Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project
|EIS status||EIS active|
|Description||Open-cut and underground coal mine with a yield of 60 million tonnes per annum and a 189-kilometre railway line.|
|Proponent||Adani Mining Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of India's Adani Group.|
Have your say
Adani Mining Pty Ltd prepared the EIS for the Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project, consultation on which ran from 15 December 2012 to 11 February 2013.
After assessing the EIS and the submissions made on the EIS, the Coordinator-General asked Adani to prepare additional information to the EIS. This additional information has been released by the Coordinator-General for public and state government advisory agency consultation.
You are invited to make a submission on whether the additional information adequately responds to the issues raised regarding the EIS.
The project's impacts on matters of national environmental significance are being assessed under a bilateral agreement process.
The Coordinator-General will consider your submission as part of his assessment of the project's environmental impacts.
Submissions close at 5 pm on Friday 20 December 2013.
How to make a submission
1. Read the information
- Download the additional information to the EIS, or
- view a printed copy between 25 November 2013 and 20 December 2013 at:
- Charters Towers Library, 130 Gill Street, Charters Towers
- Clermont Library, Cnr Karmoo and Herschel Streets, Clermont
- Moranbah Library, Grosvenor Complex, Batchelor Parade, Moranbah
- National Library of Australia, Parkes Place, Canberra
- State Library of Queensland, Cultural Centre, Stanley Place, South Bank, Brisbane.
2. Make a submission
If you have special communication needs and wish to make a submission, telephone the EIS project manager on +61 7 3405 6205 to make alternative arrangements.
3. Send your submission
Send your completed and signed submission form to one of the following:
C/- EIS project manager - Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project
Coordinated Project Delivery
Office of the Coordinator-General
PO Box 15517
City East Qld 4002 Australia
- Fax: +61 7 3225 8282
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
|25 November 2013 to
20 December 2013
|Additional information to EIS public consultation.|
|26 March 2013||Additional information to EIS requested by Coordinator-General.|
|15 December 2012 to
11 February 2013
|EIS public consultation|
|25 May 2011||Terms of reference for EIS ( 548 KB) released.|
|12 February 2011 to
28 March 2011
|Draft terms of reference for EIS public consultation.|
|6 January 2011||Project deemed a 'controlled action' by Commonwealth Minister for the Environment.|
|26 November 2010||Gazettal of 'coordinated project' declaration.|
|18 November 2010||Project referred to Commonwealth Minister for the Environment.|
|22 October 2010||Application, including initial advice statement ( 1.79 MB), submitted.|
- Next step in assessment of Carmichael Coal Project (26 November 2013)
- Galilee Transmission proposes electricity line (29 August 2013)
- Coordinator-General makes 100th decision (13 December 2012)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.