Feedback, compliments and complaints
Your feedback is important to us. The department places a high value on feedback from its clients and the public generally.
- encourages feedback about how we carry out our business
- takes a client-focused approach to how we deal with complaints about our services
- accepts complaints about our services verbally or in writing
- uses information from complaints about our services to improve our business processes.
Where to direct your feedback or complaint
Ensure that your feedback or complaint is directed to the appropriate area. If your feedback, compliment or complaint relates to:
- your local government (council), including the actions, decisions or policies of your local government or the conduct of councillors
- the remuneration levels for local government mayors, deputy mayors and councillors
- the Plumbing Industry Council, including issues about licensed or unlicensed plumbing work
- the Right to Information or Information Privacy.
How to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints to the department
The department offers various channels to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints on the department's products, services, policies or actions.
- Complete and submit the online form.
- Write to the department:
Compliments, Feedback or Complaints, Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning
PO Box 15009 City East, Queensland 4002
Your complaint will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt and a response will generally be provided within fifteen working days.
See our Complaints Management Policy ( 178 KB) for more details.
Public Interest Disclosures
View information relating to Public Interest Disclosures.