SARA is supported by MyDAS, an online system that allows you to prepare and lodge or refer particular applications to the department, as the single state assessment and referral agency.
If you are lodging a development application to local government, as assessment manager, you do not use MyDAS to lodge the application to the local government.
MyDAS will provide:
- online lodgement of development applications and tracking through the Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) process
- access to and assistance with preparing IDAS forms
- integration with the DA mapping system
- electronic payment of fees.
To prepare IDAS forms for lodgement there are two options:
- prepare the IDAS forms through MyDAS
- prepare the IDAS forms from a PDF format document to either print and write on, or fill in electronically.
IDAS checklists are also available to assist applicants determine if their development is assessable development under Schedule 3 of the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 and therefore requiring a development application. These checklists are available on the IDAS forms page.
For MyDAS technical support, call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays) or visit Getting started with MyDAS.
MyDAS system outage: System maintenance outages of MyDAS will occur between 8am and 9am EVERY Wednesday. This will allow DSDIP to ensure any appropriate maintenance is carried out in a timely manner.
MyDAS user assistance videos and guide
View the video guides and user guide on how to use MyDAS:
How to refer your application user guide ( 3.2 MB)
Process to register for applicant
1. Click here to register
2. Enter your name, email and phone number
3. Click on register. An email will be sent to the registered address.
4. Open your email and reply to the email.
5. Send your reply. Your registration will be processed and another email will be sent with your user account and password.
Initial log in:
6. Click on the MyDAS link on the DSDIP website.
7. Enter your user name and password.
8. Click on submit. You will be presented with the request to change your password.
9. Enter the password provided.
10. Enter a new password, ensuring it meets the minimum requirements of at least 8 characters long and include at least 1 number or special character.
11. Click on Submit. The MyDAS landing page will be displayed.
The team regularly updates MyDAS to improve its usability and align it with current legislation and regulation. Information on MyDAS changes, improvements or updates are shown below:
As part of the department's ongoing MyDAS enhancement program, several improvements will be made and available from Monday 27 October 2014. Two legislative changes are also being delivered as part of this release.
Properly made or referred date - Properly made/referred date has been added within the Current Applications section to make it easy for applicants to identify whether their application has been properly made or referred ( 489 KB).
Notice of receipt - All applicants lodging through MyDAS (irrespective of the type of lodgement) will now receive an automatic email that their application has been received by MyDAS. Learn more ( 154 KB)
Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 changes - Changes will be made within MyDAS to reflect regulation changes ( 162 KB) relating to the repeal of Wild Rivers Act 2005 and changes to section 249 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 ( 332 KB).
Changes will be made within MyDAS as a result of regulation change relating to the repeal of Wild Rivers Act 2005 ( 833 KB).