Prohibited development is a new category of development. It relates to developments that are not allowed to be built. If a development application or request for compliance assessment is made and any part of the development applied for is prohibited development, the application or request is taken not to have been made, and the Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) does not apply to it.Prohibited developments are those which are:
- mentioned in schedule 1 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 ( 2.6 MB)
- declared under a state planning regulatory provision
- identified in a planning scheme, including a structure plan where the standard planning scheme provisions identify it as prohibited development or
- identified in a temporary local planning instrument.
- the clearing of native vegetation in particular circumstances
- a brothel under certain circumstances
- operational works or environmentally relevant activities in a wild river area (for particular development).
Schedule 1 provides detailed requirements of when these are prohibited development.
A development application or request for compliance assessment can not be made if the development is prohibited development.