The State Development Assessment Provisions (SDAP) set out the matters of interest to the state for development assessment, where the chief executive administering the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA), being the Director-General of DSDIP, is responsible for assessing or deciding development applications.
The SDAP is prescribed in the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 (SPR), and contains the matters the chief executive may have regard to when assessing a development application as either an assessment manager or a referral agency.
It is a statutory instrument made under SPA, and has effect throughout the state for development applications where the chief executive is the assessment manager or a referral agency.
The SDAP is structured in the following way:
- Part A: Introduction and policy context
- Part B: Application and operation
- Part C: Fast track framework
- Part D: State codes and other matters
This part is broken into:
- 19 modules
- 24 state codes.
When submitting a development application to the assessment manager, and if there are any matters of interest to the state relevant to the proposed development, an applicant is required to provide with the application an assessment against the applicable state code(s) in the SDAP. There are two ways an applicant can determine which state code(s) apply to their development application:
- Part B of the SDAP includes two tables that provide assistance to applicants to determine which state codes may apply, or
- Links to the relevant module of the SDAP are provided to an applicant through MyDAS, the online application preparation and lodgement system. These links are provided through MyDAS once the system makes a recommendation as to which integrated development assessment system triggers may apply to the development application.
The SDAP is updated from time to time to reflect legislative and policy changes.
Applicants should address the version of the SDAP which is current at the time they make their application to the assessment manager. The chief executive will assess the application against the version of the SDAP current at the time the application was properly made to the assessment manager.
For more information refer to the SDAP fact sheet ( 125 KB).
The table below outlines the versions of the SDAP made by the chief executive and given effect through an amendment to the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009:
|SDAP version||Date of commencement|
|SDAP version 1.5 dated 10 October 2014||27 October 2014|
|SDAP version 1.4 dated 20 June 2014||4 July 2014|
|SDAP version 1.3 dated 9 May 2014 ( 2.83 MB)||16 May 2014|
|SDAP version 1.2 dated 11 April 2014 ( 2.28 MB)||28 April 2014|
|SDAP version 1.1 dated 22 November 2013 ( 2.23 MB)||2 December 2013|
|SDAP dated 20 June 2013 ( 4 MB)||1 July 2013|
DSDIP has prepared state code response templates for applicants to use when preparing a response to a relevant SDAP state code. The SDAP state code response templates are updated each time the SDAP is updated. You can access the state code response templates below:
- SDAP state code response templates for SDAP version 1.5, dated 10 October 2014
- SDAP state code response templates for SDAP version 1.4, dated 20 June 2014
- SDAP state code response templates for SDAP version 1.3, dated 9 May 2014
- SDAP state code response templates for SDAP version 1.2, dated 11 April 2014
- SDAP state code response templates for SDAP version 1.1, dated 22 November 2013
- SDAP state code response templates for the version dated 21 June 2013.