Online development assessment assists the applicant to:
- prepare development applications as per state requirements (i.e. site selection, identifying land based triggers) and completing Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) forms through guided online checklists
- electronically lodge a development application direct to participating assessment managers
- pay fees electronically
- track the progress of an application through IDAS
- maintain efficient online communication between all parties.
Electronic lodgement of development applications is supported by a growing number of councils (as assessment managers).
Before you start
Make sure you have the correct software tools
To use eDA, you will need:
- Internet Explorer Version 7 or later, or Firefox Version 3 or later (PC/Mac)
- Safari Version 4 or later, or Chrome Version 4 or later
- Adobe Reader Version 9 or higher (this is required to enable functionality of e-Forms). Adobe Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
Why registered users?
An email address is required in order to lodge, refer and track an application electronically, manage IDAS tasks and communicate electronically.
Registtration is free - register as a new user.
Two types of users are supported:
Individual user, benefits include:
- ability to manage multiple applications within a secure area during various stages of the process
- electronic lodgement and payment to assessment manager
- one click lodgement to referral agencies
- electronic communication at any stage with all agencies involved
- automatic tracking of application progression (who did what and when).
Organisation (with options for multiple offices and users):
Registering as an organisation is beneficial when there is more than one person preparing applications within the same organisation. This allows users to keep track of various applications entered by different offices/business units and staff members.
- manage applications made by multiple offices/business units
- manage users within offices
- assign applications across offices/users.
Organisations are required to nominate an administrator to register and manage applications. The administrator can then register office locations/business units and staff within the organisation.
- Complete the following fields - email, first name, password (must be between 6 and 12 characters long), confirm password.
- Select Your role from the drop down menu.
- Click Register.
Forgotten username and resetting passwords
Reset your password by entering your email address. Your new password will be emailed to you.
Removing registered users
Registered users within an organisation can be removed from the system by the administrator via the Manage organisation tab. It is recommended that all applications are re-assigned before removing a user who has left the organisation or changed roles.
Cancelling your account
If you are the administrator within the organisation or a single user and you want to cancel your account, we will need to remove you from the system.
To cancel your account, complete the feedback form.
For further help with online development aqpplications, please contact the help desk.