Queensland disaster mitigation and resilience funding
The Queensland Government is working with local governments and other organisations to protect communities from future flooding and other natural hazards to build more resilient communities. Enhanced preparation, improved flood security and better education about responses to natural disasters, ultimately will reduce expenditure on natural disaster reconstruction and recovery activities.
In 2013-14, the government has introduced a new process to deliver disaster mitigation and resilience funding to Queensland communities.
The joint application package provides applicants with a single point for all disaster mitigation and resilience funding administered by the state government and offers a streamlined assessment process.
The joint application package for disaster mitigation and resilience funding incorporates the following programs:
- Royalties for the Regions - $10 million available in 2013-14 for flood mitigation projects. Royalties for the Regions is administered by the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning.
- Local Government Floods Response Subsidy - $12.944 million available in 2013-14 for flood mitigation projects. The Local Government Flood Response Subsidy is administered by the Department of Local Government, Community Recovery and Resilience.
- Natural Disaster Resilience Program - joint Queensland and Australian Government funding, delivered under a National Partnership Agreement. Supporting flood mitigation and all hazards projects. The Natural Disaster Resilience Program (NDRP) is administered by the Department of Community Safety.
Please note: the Queensland and Australian Governments are currently negotiating continued NDRP funding for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 financial years. Funding under the 2013-14 and 2014-15 NDRP is dependent upon agreement between the governments.
- Applications opened - 25 June 2013
- Applications closed - 19 July 2013
- Announcement of successful projects - from August 2013.
Forms and guidelines
For more information