The Queensland Government has further streamlined the process to deliver disaster mitigation and resilience funding to help protect communities from the impact of future flooding and other natural disasters.
Eligible organisations can now apply for the 2014-15 joint application package for access to all disaster mitigation and resilience funding programs administered by the Queensland Government.
The joint application package incorporates the following programs:
- Local Government Floods Response Subsidy - $12.8 million available in 2014-15 for flood mitigation projects.
- Royalties for the Regions - $10 million available in 2014-15 for flood mitigation projects.
- Natural Disaster Resilience Program - $24 million available for flood mitigation and all hazards projects.
Note: The NDRP is jointly funded by the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments under a National Partnership Agreement on Natural Disaster Resilience. Queensland's draft Implementation Plan is currently with the Commonwealth for consideration. Once the Implementation Plan is agreed, the Commonwealth funding will be released to match the State's commitment of $12 million.
- Applications open - 26 March 2014
- Applications close - 12 May 2014
- Announcement of successful projects - from June 2014.
How to apply
Submit one application for each project by using the "smart" application form and attaching supporting documentation. Scanned PDFs of the smart application form will not be accepted.
Forms and resources
- Information pack: 2014-15 Joint application package ( 346 KB)
- Application form: 2014-15 Flood mitigation projects ( 961 KB)
- Application form: 2014-15 All hazards projects (excludes flood mitigation projects) ( 1.30 MB)
- Certification form: 2014-15 Joint application package ( 384 KB)
- 2014-15 Cost Benefit Analysis template ( 54 KB)
For more information