The Whitsunday Strategic Infrastructure and Services Plan will be delivered as part of the Whitsunday Growth Management initiative. It is expected, at a minimum, to investigate and report on the following matters:
- Determination of projected population and economic (e.g. key industry) growth in study area.
- Identification of broad infrastructure and other service delivery issues that are likely to be needed to cater for the projected growth (see section 4.3.1 of Invitation to Offer) of study area.
- Consider respective roles and capabilities of state government agencies and Whitsunday Shire Council in respect to infrastructure and service delivery noting existing initiatives within the identified study area (Whitsunday development corridor).
- Consider options and opportunities for economic growth and development within study area.
- Identify by infrastructure and service delivery needs based on growth projections in the study area.
- Identify estimated priorities and timing for key infrastructure and service delivery projects based on feedback from the steering committee and/or government.
The plan will help reduce the uncertainty of strategic infrastructure provision on the development process affecting the community and development industry. It will be undertaken in three stages:
- Stage 1: Audit of current status and projected outcomes ( June 2007) ( 302 KB)
- Stage 2: Confirmation of a broad pattern of development and sequencing (September 2007) ( 498 KB)
- Stage 3: Infrastructure strategy summary and traffic modelling for Whitsunday Way overview (November 2011) ( 305 KB).