Making an application
The information below explains how to:
- access information under the Right to Information Act 2009
- access information under the Information Privacy Act 2009
- amend information under the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Right to Information applications
While we proactively release much information to the community about our activities, the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) provides a formal means of requesting access to information held by the department that is not normally publicly available.
Requests for access to information must be made in the approved form and be accompanied by the application fee to the department as required under the RTI Act.
Fees and charges
The application fee is $40.50. Cheque or money-order must be made payable to the department.
In addition to the application fee, you may be charged for following:
- processing documents if your application takes longer than five hours to process ($6.25 for each 15 minutes or part thereof)
- access to documents (black-and-white photocopy of the document in A4 size - $0.20 for each page).
Please note that all processing and access charges are normally payable when we notify you of the decision regarding your application.
Lodge your RTI application online using the Queensland Government's information requests system.
An approved Right to Information application form (PDF) is available to complete and submit.
Submitting your application
Unless you are using the online RTI application system, completed applications should be sent to the department.